Dreaming in Color

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Foundation




When it comes to foundation I am the the worst at finding my shade. It's either to pink, to dark, or to light, I can never find a happy medium. I have a mixed skin tone, I am not full white, and I am not full mexican; I am half and half. See my dilemma? I have no pink undertone what so ever, I have a yellow undertone: I think? So finding the right shade has always been a challenge for me. Another thing is I have sensitive skin, I have been cautious to what new foundation I try. So finding something that matches my skin tone, doesn't make me breakout, and is affordable and I don't have to order it off the internet can me a bit of a challenge sometimes. But once I find something I like and it works I try to stick with it. 

Since I am a poor college student I can not afford to buy the expensive brand of makeup. So the drug store is my choice for the majority of my makeup products since I was allowed to wear makeup. Recently I have found that L'OREAL PARIS liquid foundation W6 is my shade. I have been using it for a few months now and I am very happy with it. It is true to what is says on the bottle "true match" it blends well and it lasts. I have been using the same bottle for about 5 months now. Well, I am very frugal with it, I pour some on the top of my left hand and use my foundation brush to apply and what ever I don't use I put back into the bottle. So is you are like me and struggle with this foundation thing then I suggest you try true match, It has worked for me and I hope that it does the same for you!

How To:

I love this girl! She is a pro at what she does. I don'y usually go on youtube, but when I do it is to watch her and what tips she has for a make up routine. I always learn something new and how to do it correctly. Pintrest has a ton of tutorials but this girl is the best out of all of them. Jaclyn Hill is a must see when it comes to how to's in makeup. I use what she teaches in my own makeup routine. Please ladies learn to do your makeup no matter how old you are. I also love that she always posts underneath her videos what products he uses and what brushes she uses Sigma makeup brushes. So affordable!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment