Dreaming in Color

Friday, August 23, 2013

DIY Gel Nails Remover

A month ago I got a pedicure with gel nail polish. I had never used it before so I thought I try something new. Now I am sick of them and can't remove them like regular nail polish. What to do? I know I had to use Acetone take them off but I didn't know how. I went to Walgreens today and I saw they had a gel nail polish remover kit. It had Acetone, tin foil squares and a cuticle stick, and it was about $10 or more. I was like really? I have all this at home! So here you go There is no need to go have a pro do for $25 and there is no need for a kit! Save your money!! The only thing you might have to buy that you probably don't have at home is the Acetone! No need to get name brand, get the cheap one it works all the same! And you can find acetone anywhere, Walgreens, Walmart, target etc.

I apologize for my gross looking toes! I promise it's the acetone!







Items you'll need: Aluminum Foil, 100% Acetone, Nail File, Cuticle stick, Cotton circles/balls



Use your nail file to buff the polish, be sure do this on the polish only



Pour Acetone on cotton and place it on your nail and wrap it in foil, let it soak for 2-5 minutes, its ok to let it soak longer, to be honest I didn't time mine! 


After you let it your nails soak remove the cotton and foil. Use your cuticle stick and scrap the polish off.


It should scrape off easy, if not let it soak longer!


There you go! :) Easy Peasy!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment